Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Hello all.



This week I was commissioned to do a piece in the style of my minibook from 2009 ‘What birds are really thinking’, so here is Penguins thinking about world domination. It’s a Rockhopper penguin.


This has now really made me want to do a whole other books worth of these. Like I’m not already doing enough personal projects! I’m only three Ians into the Is on the facebook project, and I actually started another new project already this month. 
Ian
What was that Mr Internet? I didn’t tell you about my new project on this blog yet? How silly of me.

The new project I have started is a TV drawing project. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time and the impetus finally jumped me by a combination of factors (I decided not to do a portrait competition because I didn’t have time, and suddenly felt like I had more time, also I have entered it into the Mother brief on Ideastap, so if you could follow the twitter that would really help me out) and I decided to finally do it.

I always wanted to call this project ‘At the end of the day, it is what it is’. This was because of two Big Brother contestants from different series’ catchphrases (Craig, and Siavash) separately, (I really wasn’t sure where to put the apostrophe in that sentence, Mr Gove where are you?). Which were, when combined, I thought the ultimate in meaningless meaningfulness. Which is to say, a cliché which has a universal application. 

But I don’t think anyone remembers those catchphrases except me. So instead I have given it a more descriptive title: Real TV Wisdom

I put it on Blogger, although I may move it to Tumblr, except I hate Tumblr, so I might not. 

Here are some of the pictures I have done for it so far:



I would be very happy to receive suggestions, especially if you live tweet them to @realtvwisdom while the show in question is on. I am most interested in quotes which stand alone (you don’t need any contextual information to understand them) and which are abstractly wise and clichéd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment